Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's ALIIIIIIIIIVE

Hoooo Boy, it's been a while since I've written. I kept forgetting my login, so yeah...that hindered the posting. I saw CATS last night.


Oh, lord. What an experience. And I mean that in the most reverent and awestruck way possible. I was sitting in the orchestra pit (!!!!!!!!!) and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my young life. I'm still in a fog of joy and wonder, so I will collect my thoughts in a coherent fashion at a later date. I'll post the cast list, though.




Alonzo.....William Sweet
Bombalurina.....Bethany Moore (Autograph)
Bustopher Jones/Growltiger.....Christopher E. Sidoli (Autograph)
Cassandra.....Amy Ling
Demeter.....Meghan Starr (Autograph)
Ghengis/Mungojerrie.....Andrew Parker Greenwood (Autograph)
Griddlebone/Jellylorum.....Kendall Kelly (Autograph)
Grizabella.....Tricia Tanguy
Jennyanydots.....Cara Michelle Fish (Autograph)
Macavity/Plato....,Daniel A. Rysak (Autograph)
Mr. Mistoffellees/Quaxo.....Chris Mackenthun (Autograph)
Munkustrap.....Justin Huebener
Old Deuteronomy.....Seth Lerner (Autograph)
Pouncival.....Joshua Schulteis
Rumpleteazer.....Kristy Cavanaugh (Autograph)
Rum Tum Tugger.....Zander Meisner
Sillabub.....Sari Feldman (Autograph)
Skimbleshanks.....Felix Hess
Tumblebrutus.....Andy Mills
Victoria.....Sara Michelle Reardon



I got a lotta autographs =D


----

Let's see. I bought some music off iTunes tonight. No, can't say that I'm a music pirate. I'm too scared that my beloved computer will succumb to a virus if I download Limewire. Also, I'm technologically retarded and can't figure out how to use it. How 'bout a roundup of the songs I bought?

  • "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina"-Sarah Brightman. This is now my 4th version of this song. I'm such a packrat.
  • "Piano Man"-Billy Joel. Hmmmm, guilty pleasure.
  • "Duel"-Bond. Oooooh, dueling string instruments!! Soooo cool sounding
  • "I Kissed a Girl"-Katy Perry. Damn you, Katy Perry. Damn you and your catchy hooks & choruses.
  • "If You Were a Sailboat (Live)"-Katie Melua. Some people say this song doesn't make sense, but I think it's pretty and quirky sounding. So there.
  • "I Whistle a Happy Tune"-The King & I. A counterpart to "My Favorite Things" in my opinion...a nice feel-good song.
  • "Getting to Know You"-The King & I. Once again, Broadway called.
  • The soundtrack to "Mary Poppins". I love this movie. I love Julie Andrews. I love Dick van Dyke. Mary Poppins brings back so many memories.
  • "Caledonia"-Celtic Women. I first heard this song sung by Celtic Thunder, but unfortunatley, their version of the song is not on iTunes, and Celtic Women's was really pretty, so here we are.

----

Fic Update!

Getting close to the end of my epic oneshot, "I Won't Grow Up". It's been giving me some trouble lately, and I've had trouble determining where I want it to end.

"Blushin' Blankets" is sort-of typed up. I'm copying it out of my notebook, but as I type it I notice things I wanna change, and I have to make executive decisions.

I did a challenge the other day (I forget who's LJ I got it from...my bad!) I put my iPod on shuffle and wrote until the end of a song. No reviews so far on FF.Net; I'm assuming just because it got overlooked (I won't tell myself it was a failure. I won't!!)

This was the little section I was most proud of, though:

(If there’s nothing missing in my life, then why do these tears come at night?)

Lucky-Britney Spears

Every day, Spot Conlon woke up and put on a fresh face. No emotion left over from the night before ever showed up on his face the next morning, be it sad or happy. He goes through the day and doesn’t let anything faze him. Spot knows that people look up to him, praise him for his utter control over everything. Spot also knows that it’s best to let people think that someone is in control of everything, because his world would be engulfed in mass panic if there wasn’t a sense of order. But at night, when no one is watching, Spot lets all the problems of the day bubble up to the surface, and he sinks into a slimy shell of guilt and regret, and he wonders if anyone ever guesses.

-

Kind of funny that it was brought on by Britney Spears. Thanks, Brit. Only complaint: I kind of screwed up my verb tenses between past and present.

I really liked the drabbles, even if they were kind of angsty. Except for the Blush one; that one's like crack!drabble.

----

I have Driver's Ed tomorrow, so I'll probably post after that. Peace, y'all.

No comments: